Interactive R2V Conversion (Convert Raster to Vector) Using ArcScan
This Tutorial Learn How to Convert Raster to Vector in ArcGIS, and it‘s called Interactive R2V Conversion or Interactive Tracing.
Table of Contents
Raster to Float
1. Open a Search pane, in the search box search Raster to float. Now select Raster to float in the search result.
2. Raster to a floating window appears, select Input Raster(US.jpg) and browse output location, then click OK.
Ready to your Raster RGB image is a Float file format, now Classify float image. Right-click us_float select symbology, and click classified. Choose 2 classes, then click the OK button.
Shapefile is already created (usa_state boundary), now the next step is the Snapping setting.
1. Open the Editor Toolbar if not already opened. Click the Editor button and choose to start Editing to begin the edit session.
2. Click the Editor button on the Editor toolbar and choose Options. In the Editing Options window, check the Use classic snapping checkbox and click Apply and Ok button to close the window.
3. Click the Editor Button on the Editor Toolbar and choose Snapping then select Options. Set snapping tolerance 10 pixels from the Classic snapping Options window, and click the Ok button.
4. From the Snapping Environment window, check the Vertex, Edge, and End Snapping checkboxes. In the bottom section of the Snapping Environment window, check the Raster snapping checkbox. Just check only two (i) Centerlines & (ii) Intersection.
1. Open ArcSean Toolbar, choose to customize> Toolbar selects ArcScan.
2. Create Features window is not already opened then click Editor > Editing Windows > Create Features. From the Create Features window select the vector layer feature (usa_state_boundary).
3. Now click the Vectorization Trace tool present in the ArcScan toolbar. You simply click the cursor above the raster and point the cursor in the direction you wish to Digitize and click. With each click, features will be generated at the centerline of the raster cells.
4. After completion of raster tracing, save and stop the edit session.
Convert Polyline feature to Polygon feature
2. In the Feature To Polygon window, choose Input Features (usa_state_boundary) and browse Output location, click OK.
Now Ready to polyline feature convert to polygon feature.