ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET
ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET to build native desktop and mobile apps that incorporate capabilities such as 2D and 3D data visualization, geocoding, routing, and geoprocessing, for deployment on Windows, Android or iOS devices.
Table of Contents
Get started Maps SDK for .NET
Sign up for an account
To access content, services, or an organization for Maps SDK for .NET, you need an ArcGIS Developer account, ArcGIS Online account, or ArcGIS Enterprise account.
Get the SDK and dependencies
To develop apps using Maps SDK for .NET, you need to:
- Ensure that your development environment meets the system requirements.
- Install the SDK and its dependencies. Maps SDK for .NET NuGet packages are hosted on NuGet.org. To get started using NuGet to consume packages in Visual Studio, see;
- Install and use a package in Visual Studio (Windows) or
- Install and use a package in Visual Studio (Mac) in the Microsoft documentation.
- Optionally, install the toolkit and project templates.
Get an access token
The easiest way to get started is to create an API key. Learn more about access tokens and authentication in Security and authentication.
Create your first mapping application
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the display a map tutorial to create your first mapping application. The following code shows how you can create and display a map.
// Provide an API key for your app (usually when the app starts).
Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.ApiKey = "YOUR_API_KEY";
// Create a map with an ArcGIS basemap.
var map = new Map(BasemapStyle.ArcGISNavigation);
// Add the map to a map view control defined on the page.
MyMapView.Map = map;
Once you are done building your application, make sure to license it before deploying to production. For more information, see License and deployment topic for details.