Create a project In ArcGIS Pro
In ArcGIS Pro, maps and data are usually organized in a project. Before begin map, you’ll create a project.
1. Click Map> The Create a New Project window appears. By default, projects are saved in a new folder, unchecking Create a new folder for this project.
2. Write Name> Browse folder> Click OK.
The project is created with a map showing the world. In ArcGIS Pro, maps are made up of layers of geographic data.
On either side of the map are panes, By default the Contents and Catalog window panes are open. it’s not show, select View tab and open it.
The Contents pane lists the layers on the map and the Catalog pane lists all files associated with the project.
Navigate Place or Location
2. Data is already added, now you can Customize or Edit symbol. Just click to a symbol (California Jurisdictional Dams symbol) open Symbology pane.
3. The Symbology pane appears You can choose from a Gallery of default symbols or customize a symbol. Click Properties> select Layers, customize everything (style, font, color, size, etc).
A Geoprocessing tool operates on a dataset. In ArcGIS Pro, there are hundreds of geoprocessing tools, encompassing a wide variety of operations.
2. The Geoprocessing pane open, in the search bar, type Buffer, because I can perform Buffer Analysis. In the list of results, select buffer > buffer pane appears > fill all the required box and Run.
In the Contents pane, click the layer to select it. On the ribbon, click the Labeling tab. Inside the Layer group, click the Label button.
Label Class group, for Field, choose field name and customize other options.
Create Feature class
1. Before you can work to ArcMap, it’s almost the same to Create Feature class, Add Feature everything.
You’ll create a new project(Arcgis pro tutorial) that already automatically creates a Geodatabase(.gdb) file.
Now Catalog pane, navigate your Folder right-click .gdb file (Arcgis pro tutorial.gdb)> choose New select> Feature class.
2. The create feature class appears, write Name, Alias, and most important type of your feature class (polygon, line, point, etc).
You can also set Add field, Spatial reference, Tolerance, etc to click Next button and Finish.
Digitize Feature and Customize
Create a Layout
1. On the Ribbon, click the Insert tab and click the New Layout button and choose the layout page dimension (8.5×11 in. landscape).
4. Add a map to frame, active to map help to zoom in and zoom out and scroll to map. On the Ribbon, click the Layout tab and select Active.
Anytime you can change this activation, select the Layout tab, and choose close Activation.
Add all the necessary elements, like Title, Seale bar Legend, North arrow, etc.
5. On the Insert tab, under map surrounds group creates Legend, Seale bar, North arrow, Chart, etc.
The Text group writes any text and Heading.
You can create any graphs or add a picture it’s available on the Graphics group.
6. Add elements, like Legend now customized it. Right-click legend box > properties> open a format legend window. Now you can format all the fields(change font color style etc).
All are customization is complete now Export Layout.
7. On the Ribbon, click the Share tab. In the Export group, click Layout.
The Export pane appears choose an image file format. For Name, browse to your preferred output location and write the file name.
Click Export (you can also set Resolution and color mode).