ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine
Table of Contents
What is Unreal Engine?
Unreal Engine enables game developers and creators across industries to realize next-generation real-time 3D content and experiences with greater freedom, fidelity, and flexibility. Its a world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool.
What is ArcGIS Unreal Engine?
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine is an Unreal Engine plugin that gives you access to real-world maps and 3D content from ArcGIS.
It provides a Modes Panel UI, components, a C++ API, and Blueprints to create interactive, photo-realistic 3D, and XR experiences with Geo-spatial data.
- Create interactive GIS visualizations
- Visualize layer attributes
- Display in different spatial references
- Geo-locate actors
- Perform spatial analysis
- Load online and local file data
- Access secure services
- Immerse your self in GIS scenes
- Access rendering pipe lines/codes
- Deploy to different platform
Get started Maps SDK for Unreal Engine
Sign in with an ArcGIS account
Download Unreal Engine plugin
Review system requirements and download the plugin.
Set up an Unreal Engine
If you already download plugin, now Install Unreal Engine plugin, and set up for project.
The SDK provides four options to use ArcGIS data and other geospatial content within a scene:
- The Modes Panel UI provides the option to create a scene without writing any lines of code.
- Components are behind the Modes Panel UI and provide the option to create a scene without writing any lines of code.
- Blueprints provide the option to create scenes using the node-based visual scripting interface offered in Unreal Engine.
- The C++ API provides customization options by modifying the plugin source code.
Get an API key
Create and manage an API key in the Mapping APIs and location services guide. If you don’t have the API keys page in your developer dashboard.