Image Fusion For Remote Sensing using Erdas Imagine
Table of Contents
What is Image Fusion
Image Fusion Techniques in Remote Sensing
In this lession, used one quickbird multispectral image with 4 spectral bands and a spatial resolution of 2.8 m., and one panchromatic image of the same sensor having a high spatial resolution of 0.7 m.
Resolution marge in Erdas Imagine
Perform Resolution marge or Image fusion techniques using Erdas Imagine software.
1. Select Raster tab > Resolution group > Pan Sharpen button > Resolution Marge.
2. The Resolution Marge dialog opens, under High Resolution Input File select high resolution image (ex.-kol_qb_2002_p1), and under Multispectral Input File select multispectral image (ex.-kol_qb_2002_m1).
3. Choose your file directly to save the project. Write the Output File name(fusion.img)
4. From Method, choose Principal Component or Multiplicative or Brovey (any one)
4. Under Output Options, turn on the Stretch to unsigned 8-bit and Ignore zero in stats checkbox by clicking on them.
5. Finally click OK button to start Resolution Marge process.
6. Open the output file in the view, and with the original images.
Resolution Marge Method
There are three type of resolution marge methods:
- Principal Component