ArcGIS Pro Geopackage
Table of Contents
What is GeoPackage
A GeoPackage is an open, standards-based, platform-independent, portable, self-describing, compact format for transferring geospatial information.
GeoPackage is the one type of shapefile. This shapefile is the most shared GIS format on the planet and its encoding of vector features.
GeoPackage is extensible, and there are approved OGC extensions for gridded tiles of elevation data and table relationships, and non-approved community extensions such as map styling of features and storing vector tiles.
Befits of GeoPackage
- Read and write simple features
- Create tables with the Table to Table tool
- Use Copy/Paste in the Catalog pane
- Use SQL statements in SQLite’s native dialect
- Share GeoPackage data with other users as a static item in ArcGIS Online
The GeoPackage toolset contains a tool to convert datasets into the OGC GeoPackage format.
|Add Raster To GeoPackage||Loads raster datasets into an OGC GeoPackage raster pyramid.|