GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 2.8
Table of Contents
In this lesson, we will work with ArcGIS Pro 2.8 application.
ArcGIS Pro 2.8 Tutorial
1. Start ArcGIS Pro on your computer.
2. Sign in with your ArcGIS account, with user name and password.
3. Click Open Another Project, browse on your computer and select your data.
4. If the Contents pane is open, click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the pane.
5. On the View tab, go to the Windows group, and click Contents to open the Contents pane.
6. On the Map tab, in the Navigate group, click the Full Extent button, and also click Save As button to Save your project.
Add a Basemap
On the Map tab, in the Layer group, click Basemap. You will see a variety of basemaps, choose anyone to add basemap.
Turn on and off Layers
1. In the Contents pane, scroll down to see the legend for your recent project work.
2. Turn on feature classes that provide the spatial context of where subject features are located.
1. If the Catalog pane is not already open, click the View tab, and click the Catalog pane.
2. In the Catalog pane, click the arrows on the left of both the Maps and Layouts folders to expand the folders, revealing what’s been built so far for this project.
3. In the Catalog pane under Layouts, double-click your project layer.
4. On the Layout tab, in the Navigate group, click the Full Extent button.
5. Also you’ll export the map as an image file. On the Share tab, in the Output group, click Export Layout, and change File Type to JPEG.
6. Close the Export Layout pane, and click the Save button to save your project.