ArcGIS Image Server for ArcGIS Enterprise
Table of Contents
What is ArcGIS Image Server?
ArcGIS Image Server Powered by ArcGIS Enterprise. It’s provides a fast, efficient way to process, analyze, and share massive collections of imagery, elevation data, rasters, and other remotely sensed data.
Image Server allows you to assemble, process, analyze, and manage large collections of overlapping, multi-resolution imagery and raster data from different sensors, sources, and time periods.
Image Server Features
- Powerful analysis using raster analytics.
- Access and process imagery with dynamic image services.
- Share imagery products enterprise-wide.
Image Server Benefits
Following benefits of Image Server:
- Provide quick access to imagery and raster data.
- Combine imagery from multiple sources and formats.
- Process imagery quickly on the fly
- Reduce time between acquisition and exploitation.
- Speed up analysis on large datasets.
Set up Image Server
The complete steps Set up Image Server are as follows:
- Verify that your site meets the system requirements.
- Plan your Image Server site configuration.
- Modify your firewall to allow communication on the ports used by Image Server.
- Install ArcGIS Server.
- If you will be configuring a one-machine deployment of ArcGIS Server, see Installing ArcGIS Server.
- If you will be configuring a multiple-machine deployment of ArcGIS Server, see Installing ArcGIS Server on multiple machines.
- Authorize the Server with an Image Server license. Your authorization file will automatically assign ArcGIS Server the role of Image Server.
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager on the machine and create a new site.
- Install and configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with the Image Server site.
- Federate your Image Server site with your portal
- Connect to ArcGIS Image Server from ArcGIS Desktop.
- Grant your Image Server site the necessary permissions to your data directories.
Image Server Pricing
Use your powerful enterprise or cloud resources to scale raster analytics with parallel processing and distributed computing to quickly generate valuable imagery and data products.
- Catalog, search, and serve massive imagery and raster collections
- Process thousands of drone images to create orthomosaics and models
- Use parallel computing and distributed storage to speed up analysis
Image Server unlocks the capabilities of raster analysis through massive distributed processing and analysis of imagery and rasters. The results of image processing or raster analysis are persisted as image and feature layers registered in your portal.