GIS Analysis provides a broad range of powerful spatial modeling and analysis features. Using GIS Spatial Analyst, for users can create, query, map, and analyze cell-based Raster data; perform integrated Raster or Vector analysis.
Spatial analysis is a process in which you model problems geographically, derive results by computer processing, and then explore and examine those results.
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst integrates real-world geospatial environment to help solve complex problems. It is provides new functionality for advanced customization and interoperability, users can create more advanced raster models for their analysis.
Key Features of ArcGIS Spatial Analysis :
- Performance of analysis on all raster formats.
- More analysis functions and options are in the user interface.
- Map algebra in the raster calculator on all raster formats.
- Function dialogs allowing the user to browse for data; inputs do not need to be in there.
- Table Of Contents.
- Support for selection on raster inputs (on-the-fly masking).
- GRID functionality available through the COM objects provided.
- Increased data integration support.
- More robust selection environment
- Selection on raster and feature.