Raster Processing- Layer stack, Subset and Mosaic, using Erdas Imagine
A Raster image processor is a component used in a printing system which produces a raster image also known as a Bitmap.
In this Tutorial expalne and create 3 Raster image processing method using Erdas Imagine software. There are:
- Layer stack
Table of Contents
Layer stack one of the usefull Raster image processing method. It is a process of join a single Bands.
1. On the Raster tab, click Spectral and select Layer stack.
2. Layer stack window is appears, Browse Input file(i) and Add(ii) one by one layer. Add all the single Bands, now select Output file(iii) and click OK.
Subset is a process of Slip method as well as extract image.
AOI (Area of Interest)
First select the area, perform to subset.
1. On the Draw tab, Insert Geometry group Rectangle and Drag it in your map.
2. On the Raster tab select Subset & chip and click create Subset image.
3. Subset pane are open, select Input file(i) and Output file(ii), check into ignore zoro in output stats(iii), then click AOI(iv) button. choose AOI window is appears, choose Viewer(v) and click OK, then click OK.
Mosaic describe, join two or multiple Geographic path images.
1. On the Raster tab select Mosaic and click MosicaPro
2. MosaicPro pane are appears, click Display add images dialog(i) and choose the images. The images is added now visible the images, just check into the box(ii) and click Display Raster images(iii)
3.select Automatically generate seamlines for intersection(iv), seamlines generation options pane is open, choose Weighted seamlines and click OK.
4. now select set overlap/seamline function(fx)(v), set seamline function pane is open, choose Smoothing and Feathering and click OK button.
5. All the Task is complited click Run the Mosaic process to disk(vi).
6 thoughts on “Raster Image Processing”
very Intersting Sebject
I want to ask how to rotate my map image because in the first open,the image in landskap but i want in portrait…can you tell me how to rotate the map??
please tell us, which software you use?
Erdas imagine 2014
In Scale & Angle panel, use Angle option.