Table of Contents
What is LocateXT?
ArcGIS LocateXT is a software for analysis of unstructured data, helping organizations that are burdened with reading, organizing, and contextualizing massive amounts of data.
The LocateXT sense making capability automatically searches large volumes of unstructured data included in documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, and more.
Benefits of LocateXT
- Automate data extraction workflows for faster.
- More efficient analysis.
- Seamlessly integrate with your ArcGIS environment and as an extension of ArcGIS Pro
- Eliminate hours of future work by reducing the amount of time it takes to generate and disseminate maps, apps, and reports.
- Extract location data from intelligence reports, social media, and more.
- Discover and reveal Geo-coordinates, place-names, image Geo-tags, dates, and other critical information from unstructured data.
LocateXT Extract Locations
Open the Extract Locations pane
A map must be active in ArcGIS Pro to open the Extract Locations pane.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click New Map.
- On the Map tab, Layer group, click the Add Data drop-down menu, and click Extract Locations .
- You are already open the Extract Locations pane,
- Provide a name for the new map layer and feature class that will be created.
- Click the Coordinate System drop-down list or the Select coordinate system button .
- Click the Files and Folders tab and specify the items to scan for locations.
- Click the Text tab and specify any text to scan for locations.
- Finally Click Extract button.