ArcGIS CityEngine is powerful and advanced 3D modeling software for creating massive, and immersive urban environments in less time than with traditional modeling techniques. CityEngine based on real-world Geographic Information System (GIS) data, for planned urban design.
CityEngine is the perfect tool for the Urban Design. ArcGIS Online or Open Street Map to easily create urban designs with the procedural modelling powers of CityEngine. Customize your designs manually with drawing tools and bring your city to life in game engines.
Table of Contents
- Navigate the scene by panning and zooming and changing perspective.
- Choose specific layers to view.
- Swipe the scene to reveal different proposals and scenarios.
- Search scene content for features, attributes, and metadata.
How CityEngine works
- Choose area– get Map Data function to import basemap and terrain data.
- Sketch and design– Add or sketch your streets, city blocks, and parcels.
- Add 3D– fransform 2D data into 3D models.
- Add information– add more details to bring your 3D models to life.
- Export– Export your finished 3D city to the web.
To access the CityEngine, sign in to my.esri.com, click My Organizations > Downloads, and search for CityEngine.
CityEngine system requirements
Supported operating systems for CityEngine 2022.1 :
Supported operating systems
|Supported operating system||Latest update or service pack tested|
|Windows 11 Pro and Enterprise||May 2022 update|
|Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise||May 2022 Update|
|Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise||May 2022 update|
|Windows Server 2022 Standard and Datacenter||May 2022 Update|
|Windows Server 2019 Standard and Datacenter||May 2022 update|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacenter||May 2022 update|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter||May 2022 update|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 8||Update 5|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 7||Update 9|
|Windows||Unreal exporter—To enable Unreal exporter, install the Epic Games Launcher from www.unrealengine.com.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)||Install the Server with the GUI group. Add the red-hat-lsb package.|
|CPU||Intel/AMD compatible (x86_64) quad-core||Intel i5 (10th Gen) 8-core or AMD Ryzen 5 (3rd Gen) 8-core or higher|
|Memory||16 GB||32 GB or more|
|Disk Space||4 GB||32 GB or more|
|GPU 1||Intel 2 HD Graphics 500 Series|
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 or Quadro M2000
AMD RX 500 Series
|Nvidia GTX 1080, Quadro P5000 or newer|
AMD RX 5700 XT or newer
|GPU Memory||2 GB||8 GB or more|
|Screen Resolution||1280×720||1920×1200 (or higher)|
|Network||Internet connection||100 Mbps (or higher) internet connection|
In this tutorial, learn how to creating a scene, selecting objects, and editing rules.
First, you’ll create a CityEngine project.
Create a Project
1. Click File > New > CityEngine > CityEngine Project, to open the Select a wizard dialog box.
2. Click Next, in the Project name box, type your project name.
3. Click ‘Finish
The project folder is created in the Navigator.
Create a Scene
1. Click File > New > CityEngine > CityEngine Scene or right-click \your project folder\scenes\ folder and select New > CityEngine Scene to open the Select a wizard dialog box again.
2. Click Next, in the file name box, type file name.
3. Click Finish.