Table of Contents
What is ArcGIS AppStudio?
ArcGIS App Studio gives you to build Geo-enabled cross-platform native apps from a single code base. It is almost a no-code or low-code suite of tools for end-to-end mobile app creation. ArcGIS AppStudio can be published to public app stores or shared securely within your enterprise.
AppStudio offers a tool that makes app creation quick and efficient, including development, testing, deployment, and distribution. Apps developed in AppStudio can be deployed across multiple platforms—iOS, Android, Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- Build custom mobile apps quickly—Easily create a custom app without any coding, and configuring an out-of-the-box template with a user-friendly interface.
- Extend your apps—If you are an experienced developer, you have full control over
your code to build a completely custom app to fit your requirements.
- Integrate GIS data—Seamlessly integrate and reuse your existing data and
maps through native mobile apps.
- Build once, deploy on all platforms—Create a single app and deploy it to any
platform—iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Low barrier of entry—You don’t need to be a developer to create native apps. Modify existing templates quickly to build mobile apps for different purposes and get started in minutes with the ArcGIS App Studio easy-to-install toolset.
- Cross-platform apps—ArcGIS AppStudio is built a framework specifically designed for cross-platform app development. Build native mobile apps once and deploy them across multiple devices and platforms including Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Powerful GIS apps—AppStudio leverages the ArcGIS Runtime SDK, for giving you access to powerful mapping capabilities such as 3D visualization, feature editing, and offline workflows.
How it’s works
- Use the AppStudio desktop to build your app
- Test your apps to use the AppStudio desktop tools
- Deliver Apps inside your Organization
- Publish to the App Stores
Downloads for ArcGIS AppStudio, and Run apps on desktop or mobile devices.
Process to Install AppStudio
If you already download the AppStudio, follow the installation steps for your operating system: Windows (x86 or x64), macOS.
- Double click the file to install,
- Click Next.
- Choose the install folder (the default is preferred).
- Accept the license agreement.
- Nominate the start menu name.
- Click Install.
AppStudio License options
ArcGIS AppStudio Developer Edition license.
ArcGIS AppStudio Tutorial
Create a App on Desktop
You can create your own app with AppStudio.
1. Start ArcGIS AppStudio.
2. Click New App in the toolbar.
3. From the category list, choose Starter (if not already open).
4. Select a Hello World app from the list, and click OK.
To start editing your app, click the Edit button on the side panel to open your app in Qt Creator.
Test on Devices
Once you have created your app, you can quickly run it either in AppStudio or in AppStudio Player.
1. Select your new app in the gallery.
2. Choose the Run tool in the side panel. The app will open on your desktop.
Publish your App
The installation files created by ArcGIS can be published to your preferred app store. Stores include the following:
- Google Play
- App Store
- Microsoft Store
- Ubuntu Apps Directory