Intersection in QGIS
Features in the intersection layer are assigned the attributes of the overlapping features from both the input and overlay layers.
How Intersection works
This algorithm extracts the overlapping portions of features in the Input and Overlay layers. Features in the output Intersection layer are assigned the attributes of the overlapping features from both the Input and Overlay layers.
Create Intersect in QGIS
In this tutorial, create Intersect Polygon in QGIS.
The Intersection analysis tool window appear, fill all the parameters.
2. In the Input layer section, browse and select data (ex.- landuse).
3. Select Overlay layer (pollution).
4. Optionally you can choose Input and Overlay fields.
5. Choose destination you went to save your output file.
6. Finally click Run button to complete this task.
Now show your Intersection result in the Layers panel, and also map canvas in QGIS.