Table of Contents
What is QGIS2Web?
QGIS2Web is a plugin for allows you to export your map. If you don’t have your own web server, then QGIS Cloud offers this service with a free version available.
- Set your project title, and background and highlight colors.
- Give your layers and layer columns human-friendly names in the Layers Panel.
- Hide the columns you don’t want to appear in your popups by changing their Edit widget to ‘Hidden’.
- If any of your fields contain image filenames, change their Edit widget to ‘Photo’ to have the images appear in pop-ups.
- Style your layers, and set their scale-dependent visibility (if required).
First, you need to download and install the QGIS 2 Web plugin.
1. Go to Plugins Menu > Manage and Install Plugins.
2. In the Plugins Window, search for qgis2web, then click the Install button.
After the installation process is complete, you should be able to find qgis 2 web in the main menu under the Web.
There are 4 important tabs available in qgis 2 web panel:
- Layers and Groups
1. First, Add the Data in QGIS Layer panel, and map canvas.
Also, you can add the Basemap (OpenStreetMap).
2. Now Open QGIS 2 Web, go to Web > QGIS2Web > Create a web map.
3. QGIS 2 Web panel appear, show all the added data in the Layers and Groups tab.
4. Now choose the web format in which you went export your map; OpenLayers, Leaflet, or Mapbox GL JS.
[Note: You can also select the destination folder, as you want to export the web map, in the Export tab.]
5. Finally click the Export button, to build a web map package to the folder location you select.
After it finishes exporting, image, layers, resources, and styles, all the file HTML that gets presented on the screen.