QGIS is a powerful programming application, that allows you to extend the core functionality of the software, as well as write scripts to automate your tasks.
- Create and use plugins
- Issue commands in the Python console
- Automatically run Python code when Q-GIS starts
- Create processing algorithms
- Create functions for expressions in QGIS
- Create custom applications based on the QGIS API
Use the Python API to let the user interact with its objects, like; layers, feature or interface.
Table of Contents
QGIS Python Console
The Python console main features are:
To open the console go to Plugins > Python Console
- Clear console
- Import class
- Run command
- Show editor
You are already open Python Console panel, click Options tab.
Now the Python Console Setting window appear, show three options is available: